Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words; they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm is looking for a Director, Demand Planning to lead Fluidigm’s demand forecasting function in process, technology, and discipline.
- Passionate about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to lead cross-functional teams in the demand management and forecasting process
- Motivated to “live” in the numbers and build/maintain relationships with a diverse group of business stakeholders
- Create forecasts for new and existing products and communicate supply requirements to the appropriate stakeholders on a regular and consistent basis
- Develop and continually improve the methodologies, technologies and analytics used to estimate, consolidate and report commercial demand
- Benchmark and set KPI targets for inventory turns, months-on-hand and order fulfillment
- Streamline data collection and communication processes to eliminate redundancies, minimize errors while improving overall forecast accuracy
- Work closely with global manufacturing and purchasing teams to optimize production and inventory levels
- Partner with the finance organization to link the demand planning process and data with financial forecasts
- Identify new demand and supply forecasting techniques or technologies to improve the overall SIOP process
- Track variances to plan and recommend the appropriate adjustments to the inventory plan as required to meet business objectives
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Must have direct and proven experience in demand planning, SIOP and/or S&OP
- 12+ years related experience in in Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Finance
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Expert proficiency in spreadsheet, data table management, and Microsoft Excel
- APICS certification, experience with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics AX (or other ERP system) is a plus
- Highly self-directed and results-driven with excellent presentation, interpersonal, and leadership skills