Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and high-throughput genomics using microfluidic technology, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a motivated and driven Senior Bioinformatic Scientist to join our genomic bioinformatics and software division in our South San Francisco office. This individual will play a leading role in research and development of bioinformatic solutions for the single-cell and high-throughput genomic products. The successful candidate will work closely with all functional groups within our genomic R&D to develop innovative and high quality products.
- Creative and data-driven, adept at delivering ideas, content, and metrics.
- A self-starter that is able to take projects from strategy through execution with a high attention for detail.
- Goal oriented and do what you say you will do.
- Inspired by scientists – our customers – and their contributions to biological discovery and improving human health.
- 5 years related work experience with Master Degree OR 3 years related work experience with Ph.D., in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline.
- Technical expertise and extensive hands-on experience in NGS data processing and analysis for whole genome, whole exome and RNA sequencing.
- Advanced programming expertise in Perl, Python and R.
- Experience working with public genomic resources (NCBI, USCS, 1000 Genomes, COSMIC and etc).
- Prior success in the design and development of complex data analysis pipelines and systems.
- Experience working in a cloud computing environment using Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) or Google Compute Engine.
- Experience working in commercial settings, and familiarity with software development environments and version control systems.
- A demonstrated understanding of the statistical principles behind current best practices in bioinformatics.
- Keen attention to detail, superb organizational and problem solving skills, and a focus on data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills for a fast-paced team environment. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with scientific and thought leaders who specialize in areas other than bioinformatics, biostatistics, etc.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams (including biologists, chemists, marketing, engineers, and QA) to develop single-cell and high-throughput genomic products.
- Define and perform basic and advanced analysis/interpretation to characterize and improve product performance.
- Design, implement and verify NGS analysis pipelines for large genomic data sets.
- Develop novel analysis methods for single-cell and high-throughput genomic data.
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback.
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more.