Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Field Service Engineer to provide break-fix instrument service to Fluidigm customers predominantly for the mass cytometry instruments (CyTOF systems), serving as the primary customer contact on technical and service related issues.
This position is based out of Shanghai area.
- Passionate about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to troubleshoot complex problems within an operational interplay of software, hardware, and chemistry
- Be responsible for system installations, service visits, and technical support case management
- Troubleshoot instrument hardware and software, often under challenging conditions
- Contribute to high-value service related procedures and documents
- Identify areas for product and process improvement and communicate these accordingly
- Adopt and leverage our Salesforce.com business policies, procedures, and reporting
- Travel around 60% on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- BS in a science or engineering discipline
- 4 years of industry experience in the service and/or support of analytical instruments and/or combination of experience and education/training
- Service Engineer and/or Technical Support experience
- Substantial working knowledge of electrical and mechanical sub-systems
- Expertise in employing root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies
- Experience with laser optics desirable
- Prior work with life science instrumentation, especially mass spectrometers desirable
- Familiarity in Salesforce.com / ServiceMax preferred
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume..
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.