Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for an Assay Product Specialist I for our Assay Design Group. The team member will focus on providing design service support to customers and internal teams to ensure timely execution of customer orders. Job duties include management of multiple customer designs and ability to troubleshoot problematic designs.
- Passionate about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to help develop high quality reagents for Fluidigm’s platform.
- Provide technical expertise to customers in the development of genotyping, gene expression, and targeted re-sequencing primers
- Manage multiple customer projects in designated sales territory
- Perform necessary wet-testing protocols for project fulfillment
- Provide assistance to support and sales teams in regards to customer projects
- Maintain records and laboratory environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good laboratory practices, and standard operating procedures.
- Any other Manufacturing Operations duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or similar Life Science.
- Technical proficiency in molecular biology enabling independent and effective execution of lab protocols.
- Experience with publicly available informatics tools, e.g. UCSC Genome Browser, Primer3.
- Experience in PCR primer design a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access and general understanding of ERP concepts.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- May require handling and use of hazardous materials. Acute judgment is expected in handling such materials. Repetitive motion tasks or projects may be assigned. Lifting typically does not exceed 25 pounds. Environment is climate-controlled.
- No travel is required for this position.
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and as a person.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.