Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Regional sales manager who will successfully identify, qualify, develop and close opportunities for the sale of instruments, accessories, consumables and offerings/solutions to designated accounts in geographic territory in line with the Company’s mission. The role works independently but in close relationship with Fluidigm colleagues and partners to maximize opportunities for revenue growth. Candidate will be held responsible for a quarterly/yearly quota. Requires approximately 60% travel. Ideally the candidate would live in Philadelphia or in Ohio, but for the right candidate could live anywhere in territory.
- Accountable for achievement of sales quota, accurately forecast sales and establish and meet sales targets and objectives.
- Role will support regional new product adoption and work to establish consistent best practices across region and other sales team members.
- Develops account plans and coordinates activities within accounts through meetings, phone, and travel.
- Spend at least 60% of her/his time in the field developing customer relationships and conducting sales or market development activities.
- Maintains CRM and generates activity reports including sales forecasts, lost order and competitor, sales call and critical issues for submission.
- Maintains competence on products, competitive products and marketplace including existing and emerging research and industrial market requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence the assigned territory to achieve quarterly and annual business objectives.
- The ability to leverage team members, conduct effective meeting, and develop tactical plans for the territory growth. Identifies critical work objectives using knowledge of the company business and products and how own function contributes to the business.
- Sets examples for peers in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- B.S. Degree in Life Sciences (i.e. Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, etc.) (Advanced degree preferred) and at least 3 years of successful field sales or business development experience in Life Science (capital equipment & consumables required).
- Experience in driving the adoption of technologies and platforms into applied markets and implementation into clinical research (i.e., clinical trial enrollment) is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess existing knowledge of the territory and the major research/industrial accounts within it. In addition, they should be a skilled negotiator, clear communicator and successful account manager. Success will depend on demand generation through active prospecting, follow up and networking. Excellent time & territory management ability, a passion to succeed & polished presentation skills are expected.
- Understanding of molecular techniques for real-time PCR and next-generation sequencing (NGS) are critical.
- Experience in the Proteomics space with a working knowledge of cytometry
- Possess the ability to adapt to evolving sales responsibilities and corporate work environment.
- Excellent time management, territory management & presentation skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license.