Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm Corporation has pioneered products capable of understanding biology, both at the bulk level, and at the level of the individual cell. We are looking for a highly motivated Sustaining Scientist II to support product sustaining activities using Fluidigm’s microfluidic platforms. The candidate will be working in the R&D department, together with an interdisciplinary team, to manage multiple product sustaining and improvement activities for sample preparation, gene expression, genotyping, and NGS applications.
- Provides technical support for existing products by developing solutions for problems related to reagents, chemistry, chips, or applications, with a high level of accountability and some supervisory oversight.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Product Marketing team to maintain product performance and quality by leading and assisting with issues relating to CAPAs, customer complaints and manufacturing processes, such as:
- Failure investigation and root cause analysis
- CAPA resolution
- Regulatory compliance
- Product Design Verification and Design Validation
- Design changes
- Process enhancement and improvement
- Accurately assesses risks, estimates tasks, drafts investigation and validation plans, conducts tests, and tracks/communicates project schedule and progress
- Identifies immediate solutions for short term corrections to prevent impact to business goals
- Provides technical guidance to junior level research associates
- Prepares analysis reports and presents project status to management and teams.
- Works to integrate product performance activities with new product development to improve project delivery time and reduce post release production issues.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, chemistry, or biochemistry, with minimum 2 years of industrial experience;
- Master’s degree with minimum 8 years of industrial experience required.
- Hands-on experience in developing genomic assay technologies (e.g. qPCR and NGS) and broad experience in standard molecular and cell biology and techniques essential.
- Experience with product development, product life cycles, and tech support desired.
- Experience with quality system standards and ISO13485 a plus.
- Experience managing a multifunctional team and/or a commercial project a plus.
- Experience with microfluidic platforms and system instrumentations a plus.
- Experience in bioinformatics and statistical analysis a plus.
- Ability to successfully work in an interdisciplinary team environment and to adapt to rapidly evolving needs.
- Must be an extensive multi-tasker with high energy levels and strong organizational abilities. Must be attentive to details and meticulous in record-keeping.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and implement actions.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and drive for results with high-level of accountability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively work with and influence people from different departments and at different levels
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and as a person.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.