Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Research Associate I/II in our Proteomics Reagent Operations. The team member will focus on the manufacturing of our conjugated antibodies, including all related tissue culture requirements. This includes antibody conjugations, selecting and growing appropriate cell lines for validation and QC, and preparing all necessary reagents for related manufacturing and testing of conjugated antibodies.
- Passionate about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to interface with cross functional work teams such as Customer Support/Services, Product Management, Research & Development and Sales & Marketing
- Perform antibody-metal tag conjugations for a multitude of antibody/tag combinations for use in multiplex assays
- Perform tissue culture for cell lines related to the validation and QC of the tagged antibodies which will be offered in our catalog
- Perform quality control testing using standard ICP-Mass Spectrometry as well as our novel Mass Cytometry technology on our CyTOF instruments.
- Maintain records and laboratory environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good laboratory practices, and standard operating procedures
- Maintain manufacturing instruments and other laboratory equipment as needed
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or similar Life Science plus a minimum of 2-3 years in the Biotech Industry required
- Proven capability of using various analytical instruments for characterization and testing of produced reagents
- Experience in tissue culture required; experience with Flow Cytometry and/or Mass Cytometry a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access and general understanding of ERP concepts
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.