Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm Corporation is seeking a Senior Project Manager who will coordinate, lead, document and report on variety of critical development projects of the Genomics business, focusing on the development of systems, Integrated Fluidics Circuits and related software, as well as sustaining for High Throughput Genomics and Single-Cell Sequencing.
- Plan, monitor, coordinate and lead multiple development projects from the exit of the discovery phase through to the commercialization phase, for systems and IFCs product development, in accordance with the established New Product Commercialization process (NPC) and Change Request and Control process
- Develop project plans containing complete scope of work including all project requirements, tasks, resource assignment, project budgets, and an accurate estimate for task completion.
- Be responsible for all aspects of a project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close); timelines, milestone tracking, cost management, action logs, documented communication, project dashboard/snapshots, and all other requirements for effective execution and timely communication on project status including risk mitigations and action plans to keep the project to its schedule.
- In consultation with R+D management and other functional managers, identify appropriate resources as needed, and develop a schedule and budget to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Lead, motivate, and inspire project cross-functional team members; conduct regular project meetings and document current status of project including technical, schedule and financial issues that may be present.
- Interface with all functions affected by the project, including R+D, product management, manufacturing, quality assurance, service and support.
- Prepare and coordinate preparation of all project management related documents through all 5 phases of the NPC projects, including resource plan, product development plan, test plans, other documents specified in the approved NPC process. Prepare and conduct technical reviews and presents at the phase gate meetings. Review/update Product Development Plan and Product Requirements Document throughout development phase.
- Monitor team dynamics and team accountability related to delivery commitments. Work in virtual cross functional teams which include remote members.
- Independently develop as needed clear and well-defined escalation plans; prepare and present regular progress reports to R+D management and/or senior management.
- Review for release to the Quality System all project related documents. Work with QA to manage Traceability Matrix, FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), DHF (Design History File), DMR (Device Master Record), and Baseline Releases per design control requirements, other development and post-development. documentation. Ensure adherence of project documentation to ISO 13485 recommendations.
- Work with Planners to manage/update BOM and COGS throughout development phases.
- Bachelor or higher degree in relevant engineering or science fields: electrical, mechanical, chemical engineering, biomechanical/biomedical engineering, systems engineering, mechatronics engineering, biochemistry, engineering physics.
- Three years of managing manufacturing or research or development projects.
- Proven record of contribution to project management which resulted in a successful product launch and adaptation.
- Experience working with or managing multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Proficiency with project management software and MS Office.
- Ability to communicate and present reports on the project status at different levels within the company.
- Technical knowledge of instrumentation for DNA sequencing techniques, microfluidics, gene chips, qPCR machine, automation of sample preparation is a plus.
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation control software needs and data management requirements is a plus.
- Completed PMP Certification is a plus.
- No direct reports, however, managing cross-functional teams of R+D engineers, chemists, biologists, software developers, instrument manufacturing, quality, marketing and customer support staff who report to their managers
- Travel required for this position is ~ 5% time
- At times, required to work outside of regular hours due to time zone differences with teams in Singapore or East Cost America