Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm Corporation is looking for an Electrical Engineer to support our ongoing development programs for both new and legacy products. The ideal candidate will be an experienced electrical engineer who is seeking an exciting product development opportunity where the primary responsibility will be to bring engineering development experience to our Hardware Engineering team.
The Electrical Engineer will be a critical team member working cross-functionally on programs developing new products, and in supporting legacy instrumentation in cost reduction, product design changes due to regulatory and environmental standard revisions, and customer driven product enhancements.
- Electrical Engineering new design and post-design support for new and existing instruments.
- Works with the R&D team to develop new and innovative products.
- Serves as the lead electrical engineer and/or SME in various product development projects.
- Serves as the Core Team member in relevant cross functional projects.
- Uses electrical CAD to architect systems and to design PCBs and PCAs that are used worldwide.
- Works with application associates to come up with new features and requirements for products.
- Implements new designs and design corrections from Concept to Manufacturing.
- Supports existing products in the field through Technical Support/Field Service and Manufacturing.
- Maintains existing products as required to meet safety, reliability, and customer expectations.
- Organizes and actively participates in design reviews and project reviews.
- Adheres to quality system requirements in the development of new products including all required documentation.
- Ensures compliance to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- BS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10+ years OR Master’s degree with 8+ years of directly relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- No less than 5 years of experience in product development including design, manufacturing, and market use of product.
- Experience with IVD and/or Life Science instruments.
- Experience designing new product system wide electrical architecture.
- Familiarity with cameras, flash illumination, stepper motor controls, microfluidic valve and pump control a plus.
- Understanding of Product Development Process, Life Cycles Management, and Manufacturing in an ISO 13485 regulated environment.
- Expertise in Analog, Digital and Microcontroller centered Electrical design.
- Experience in FPGA design with knowledge of Verilog and VHDL languages is a plus.
- Experience using Altium CAD package.
- Experience with electronic Product Data Management a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in Simulation and timing analysis.
- Working knowledge of grounding and noise reduction techniques as well as EMI and RFI control.
- Familiar with micro-controller based automation control design.
- Experience in firmware coding a plus for supporting firmware group.
- Design for manufacturing: Ease of assembly, Cost of Goods, second sourcing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of manufacturing testing systems: in-circuit and functional testing.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to travel as needed, not more than 10% time.