Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm Corporation is seeking a Staff Mechanical Engineer who will work with interdisciplinary teams to extend and enhance Fluidigm’s Integrated Fluidic Circuit technology and applications. Primary tasks will include new product development, existing product improvement, and project management.
- Active team member involved in the development, validation and launch of biotech instrumentation.
- Develop mechanical system architecture in collaboration with optical, systems, electrical, firmware engineers and staff scientists.
- Precision mechanical motion system design, opto-mechanical integration, pneumatics design and thermal management
- Support cross-functional teams in feasibility testing and design verification.
- Collaborate with NPI team and instrument CMs in support of DFM and DFT activities
- Lead or participate in the entire product development cycle, from concept development, breadboard construction and feasibility study, to final product
- Develop system architecture and specifications from product requirements
- Develop and release drawings, assembly procedures and BOM
- Develop test procedures and test fixtures for system verification
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) with 10+ years of experience in instrumentation and/or capital equipment design
- Experience with design tools (such as SolidWorks) and product life cycle tools (such as PDM).
- Strong analytical skill and hands-on approach to design validation process (conceptualization, prototyping, testing, data analysis, presentation and implementation).
- Ability to collaborate closely with controls engineers (Electrical and Firmware) on optimal motions system design implementations.
- Experience in opto-mechanical design
- Familiar with quality system requirements of ISO9001 and ISO13485