Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Legal Administrator to handle our legal team administrative needs and support our contract administration function. This position supports the General Counsel of Fluidigm and coordinates administrative functions for a busy team of four attorneys based in South San Francisco, as well as legal department functions generally. The Legal Administrator contributes to the legal team’s contract administration function, as part of a team of attorneys and other professionals who help the business with all its contracting needs around the world. The Legal Administrator is the glue of the legal team, and should expect a fun and vibrant working environment requiring energy and dedication.
- A team-oriented professional, confident and polished in interacting with colleagues at all levels, including executives and members of the board directors.
- Efficient and productive, able to balance and prioritize demands from many constituents.
- A team player, excited to contribute to high-powered organization, both within the legal department and throughout the organization.
- Detail oriented, able to spot issues and help ensure high-quality work product.
- Flexible and able to adapt to dynamic priorities and changing circumstances in a fast-moving business.
- A self-starter, willing and able to learn new things on the job and look for ways to contribute to the legal department and the company.
- Inspired to work for a company that develops and provides cutting-edge biotechnology research tools to enable extraordinary insights in healthcare and life sciences.
- Support the General Counsel with appointments, travel, expenses, formal correspondence, and other administrative needs.
- Support contract administration function, including monitoring and responding to requests for forms of contracts or review of comments on contracts, assisting attorneys with contract negotiations, managing contract administration portal (e.g., input of contracts and related data, preparation of reports to finance and legal teams, retrieval and review of contracts when requested by attorneys or business partners, and monitoring of renewals).
- If applicable, assist in, or coordinate, government contract compliance initiatives and communications.
- Handle requests for data and records by finance team and executives when needed.
- Interact with board members to answer questions regarding meeting materials and board logistics.
- Support legal team administrative needs, including working closely with finance team members to coordinate payment of legal vendor bills and related purchase order and budgeting matters, arranging and supporting legal team meetings, as well as cross functional presentations by legal team members, coordinating departmental calendars and expenses, assisting with international travel arrangements, etc.
- Assist CEO’s executive assistant in handling board communications and executive administrative matters.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years working in similar roles in law firms and/or in-house legal departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required experience:
- Administrative support for senior-level attorneys in a fast-paced setting such as a law firm or corporation, with responsibility for calendaring, travel, billing, etc.
- Working with contracts administration/management systems such as Contract Logix.
- Managing business requests for contracts or contract reviews, including generating appropriate drafts of contracts from forms and supporting signature and filing processes.
- Experience pluses:
- Drafting and negotiating NDAs, vendor agreements, consulting agreements, MTAs, sales agreements, and similar basic corporate agreements.
- Coordinating or tracking corporate compliance with government contracts.
- Working in a multinational company or firm with attorneys, vendors and clients outside the U.S.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; think creatively to solve problems/issues; stay organized in a fast-paced environment; and maintain good working relationships with vendors and other employees.
- Ability to function in a highly confidential environment, with utmost integrity and diligence.
- An upbeat and open attitude, and enthusiasm about working with a high-performing, busy, creative and fun team in South San Francisco.
- Great Halloween costume ideas J