Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired … These aren’t just nice words; they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in applied production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Field Application Support specialist to support the needs of our commercial team as they seek to empower and inspire our growing customer base.
If You Are:
- Passionate about helping researchers do cutting edge science.
- Intrigued by the opportunity to work with scientists to answer questions that they didn’t know they could ask.
- Excited by the opportunity to collaborate with some of the most forward-thinking single cell biologists in the world while working alongside colleagues to empower and inspire a new generation of scientists.
- Provide high quality sales support, engaging with customers to provide technical discussion, seminars, and demonstrations relating to mass cytometry.
- Provide multi-faceted mass cytometry customer support including on-site and in-house training, email and phone inquiries, applications discussion, planning and troubleshooting, and data analysis.
- Participate in conferences, trade-shows and symposia.
- Collaborate with in-house teams to provide customer feedback and enhance future products as well as the training program.
- Travel ~50% within your territory and other parts of North America as needed
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
If You Have:
- M.S. in life sciences or equivalent experience is required. Ph.D. and strong immunology background preferred.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology or cell biology lab is required. Experience in flow cytometry is highly desirable.
- Previous CyTOF experience preferred.
- A keen interest in technology along with a high level of self-motivation and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in training instrumentation and software as well as technical writing.
- Strong presentation skills with a natural and influential style that comes across in both large seminars and small groups.
- A strong desire to collaborate both with customers and colleagues.
- A passion for helping customers succeed.
- Previous application specialist or other customer-facing experience preferred.