Field Applications Specialist (FAS)- Imaging Mass Cytometry™ (IMC™) (Eastern Territory)
Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a motivated Field Applications Specialist (FAS) who is the primary customer-facing role in supporting Fluidigm’s flagship proteomics platform supporting imaging mass cytometry (IMC) by time-of-flight (CyTOF). The primary responsibilities for this role will be supporting customer of IMC. The IMC FAS will also work closely with dedicated Product Application Specialists on protocol and workflow enhancements as the technology matures. Additionally, the IMC FAS serves a critical Voice-of-Customer role in by providing relevant and timely feedback to internal colleagues in Application Support, Marketing, and R&D.
If you are inspired and driven by bleeding-edge technologies and wish to embrace the challenge of bringing them to market, and you work well in a flexible and fast-paced environment, then this position may be for you.
- Provide high quality sales support, engaging with customers to provide technical discussion, seminars, and demonstrations relating to the Hyperion™ Imaging System and Imaging Mass Cytometry™.
- Provide multi-faceted customer support including on-site and in-house training, email and phone inquiries, applications discussion, planning and troubleshooting, and data analysis.
- Participate in the creation and review of technical materials (manuals, application notes, white papers).
- Travel ~50% within your territory and other parts of North America as needed
- Collaborate with in-house teams to provide customer feedback and enhance future products as well as the training program.
- Participate in conferences, trade-shows and symposia.
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”.
- M.S. in life sciences or equivalent experience with a strong immunology and/or oncology background is required. Ph.D. preferred.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, or other tissue-based imaging techniques.
- Skilled in experimental design of tissue-based imaging applications, including appropriate use of controls.
- Experience with mass spectrometry and/or CyTOF highly desirable.
- High level bioinformatics skills highly desirable.
- A keen interest in technology along with a high level of self-motivation and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in training instrumentation and software as well as technical writing.
- Strong presentation skills with a natural and influential style that comes across in both large seminars and small groups.
- A strong desire to collaborate both with customers and colleagues.
- Independent thinker with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for helping customers succeed.
- Previous application specialist or other customer-facing experience preferred.
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.