Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly motivated Technical Support Specialist – Molecular Biology to track customer issues, identify trends, and conduct investigations with cross-functional teams, all while meticulously following best practices and standard procedures to ensure that every customer interaction gets logged properly, serving as a primary customer contact on technical product and application-related issues. The ideal candidate will be able to tackle queries in a manner that inspires confidence. This position will also conduct demonstration experiments on our biotech applications, analyze and present data to customers, and develop customer-facing training materials and documents.
- Provide exceptionally competent phone and email support to our customers, distributors and staff
- Serve as our primary customer contact on technical product and application-related issues, resolving issues and tackling queries in a manner that inspires confidence
- Take full ownership of assigned cases, guiding them through troubleshooting or escalation to final resolution
- Track customer complaints, identifying trends and conducting failure investigation with cross-functional teams, all the while meticulously following SOP to ensure that every customer interaction gets logged into the call tracking database
- Conduct demonstration experiments on our biotech applications, analyze and present data to customers and develop customer-facing training materials and documents
- Have fun, be fully engaged, and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
- Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more
You must have:
- A B.S., with five years of relevant lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, clinical chemistry or an applied discipline, and at least one year of customer or technical support experience
- Proven experience in at least one of the following applications: gene expression, genotyping, digital PCR or sequencing, combined with experience in customer support (preferably in the life sciences)
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills combined with a genuine desire to see the customer succeed
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- The ability to thrive on challenge within a dynamic organization at the forefront of scientific progress
If this sounds like you, we want to know. Apply online now with your resume and a link to your portfolio or website.