As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm Corporation is seeking a Senior Finance Manager to support multiple business partners across our G&A functions and interact with executive management and employees across all levels of the worldwide organization.
- Partner with key business leaders to drive strategy, investment decisions, process improvements, and other business initiatives across IT, HR, Finance and Quality.
- Develop key performance indicators and implement systems to provide actionable insights from data and monitor and influence worldwide company performance.
- Work with business partners to develop annual operating plans, quarterly updates, and strategic plans.
- Lead financial close for your areas of responsibility, including preparing and presenting monthly budget vs. actual (BVA) analysis and preparing and presenting succinct month-end analysis to Finance and worldwide department leaders.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as needed. Review processes, evaluate workflow and propose process improvements. Assist with external audit as needed. Build and present financial models for external M&A and internal projects as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and deadlines and work in a dynamically changing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across departments and all levels of the organization (not afraid to ask questions and challenge the business).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong aptitude with financial systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- BS/BA in finance or accounting or related fields
- 8 – 10 years of progressive responsibilities within finance, including experience providing business partner support, ability to identify actionable insights from data, and the ability to make the complex clear.
- Experience using forecasting and business intelligence tools
- Good knowledge of US GAAP
Flexibility with hours as you will periodically work with colleagues in Singapore, Canada, and Europe.