Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, confident and polished Executive Assistant to support Fluidigm’s CEO and CFO. The selected candidate must be professional, articulate and enjoy working within a collaborative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The ideal individual will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication, and exceptional administrative and organizational skills. He/she must be able to work under pressure, with the ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Have experience supporting high-level, corporate executives, in a global environment
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Successfully complete critical deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other business/personal tasks that facilitate the President and CEO’s ability to lead the company
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters proactively and expeditiously, with consistent follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Anticipate issues and address proactively
- Coordinate the agenda of senior management team meetings, off-sites, and all-hands meetings
- Proactively respond to inquiries from external and internal stakeholders
- Cultivate strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally; on behalf of the CEO, including members of the Executive Team, and all external parties as required
- Responsible for coordination of investor relations activities, major partner and industry events, and external client meetings
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of materials, logistics and other items related to the Board of Directors meetings
- Superior organizational, administrative, and analytical skills, and are able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, and with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capabilities
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to be extremely effective independently, and with little direction
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- High level of commitment, that may include being available after hours, or on weekends as needed
- Emotional maturity, maintaining an even temperament in the most challenging and demanding environments.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 10+ years administrative experience
- 5+ years of experience in providing support to a CEO or other high-level executives, preferably at the “C” level suite.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Advanced Outlook)
- Experience with Visio, Microsoft Project, and proficiency with both PC and Mac platforms is highly desirable.