Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Research Associate I to join our Proteomics Reagent Development Group. The successful candidate will characterize antibodies for use on Fluidigm’s new Imaging Mass Cytometry platform.
- Passionate about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to help develop high quality reagents for Fluidigm’s new imaging platform.
- Perform validation studies on new metal-conjugated antibody products for use with our novel Imaging Mass cytometry (IMC) technology
- Perform antigen retrieval and immunostaining on FFPE and frozen tissue sections
- Image stained tissues using immunofluorescence and IMC laser ablation
- Prepare reports for internal and external review
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as Research & Development, Reagent Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance
- Maintain records and laboratory environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good laboratory practices, and standard operating procedures
- Maintain manufacturing instruments and other laboratory equipment as needed
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- Minimum of 1-3 years of laboratory experience in the Biotech industry required
- Previous work experience performing immunostaining of FFPE tissue sections required
- Prior experience with immunofluorescence and/or Mass Cytometry a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and as a person.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.