The HR business partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning HR practices with business objectives within designated client groups. Through deep knowledge of the client’s business, people and organizational needs, the Business Partner effectively diagnoses complex issues, recommends solutions and engages and brokers the appropriate resources to provide strategic HR services that support the successful achievement of business goals. The HRBP serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related matters, and acts as an employee champion and change agent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives the effective delivery of key HR programs and services within client groups. Provides advice and feedback regarding the design and rollout of programs.
- Drives talent management strategies and the delivery of meaningful organization and talent reviews. Ensures the effective execution of talent management initiatives (retention planning, succession planning, calibration programs, development planning, etc.).
- Provides coaching and consultation to executives and senior management on strategic projects, department goals, HR policies and program matters. Recommends appropriate decisions which may be significantly complex in nature.
- Initiates timely and appropriate discussions regarding organization design issues within client groups, and provides guidance on organization change practices and actions.
- Effectively represents HR specialty functional areas (compensation, talent acquisition, learning & development, etc.) when working with clients and management. Influences the development and implementation of strategies and programs to attract, develop, reward and retain exceptional talent.
- Designs, develops and implements communication strategies to introduce new processes and Company initiatives. Ensures effective communication strategies are in place within the organization and builds two-way communication channels.
- Ensures multi-location continuity in terms of HR programs, management philosophy and company culture, which in turn fosters consistent practices and thinking within client groups and the organization.
- Manages complex employment relations issues, and provides general communications coaching to senior leaders. Guides leaders to have timely, critical conversations and ensures the appropriate management of conflict.
- Identifies opportunities to expand and strengthen HRBP’s role in supporting client’s organization.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the HR field and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master’s degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
- Broad HR knowledge and expertise in several functional areas such as Organization Design & Development, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Compensation and Learning and Development.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to design, develop, and implement HR programs (capable of leading HR project teams).
- Effective consultation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and lead innovation and change.
- High level collaboration and teamwork abilities with the capacity for leveraging the involvement of key stakeholders and opinion leaders in the design and implementation of HR initiatives and solutions.
- Business acumen and organizational diagnostic ability. Able to develop in depth understanding of how business gets done at the organization level with strong working knowledge of key business processes.
- Conceptual, analytic, and systems thinking abilities, Able to identify issue essentials, delve under symptoms to find root issues and causes, and analyze issues from multiple perspectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge in legal risk assessment as well as the application of employment law in business situations.
- Understands business objectives and is able translate those objectives into HR priorities.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined compliance, HR policies and procedures.
Direct Reports: 0