We are seeking an energetic, strategic leader and influencer to head Global Product Operations for Fluidigm. This role will lead Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Demand Planning and Distribution globally, with key manufacturing sites in the US, Canada and Singapore. As a member of the senior executive team, this individual will lead the effort to create long-term strategic changes and process improvements, to significantly improve efficiency and operational effectiveness.
- Someone who has an intrinsic motivation towards excellence, to create an industry-leading operational capability, within an industry-leading business.
- A thought leader with the ability to “step back” from day-to-day tactical activities, and identify long-term strategic changes and process improvements to significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- A team leader who develops and engages all employees through regular, clear and consistent performance management and individual development planning. Foster an environment of employee engagement by embracing a culture that encourages teamwork, cooperation and continuous improvement. Mentors, recruits and retains talent.
- Highly effective at managing to key metrics, telling a story with data, representing the state of operations at all times with clear and concise reports and dashboards.
- A leader with a Thirst for process excellence and continuous improvement who can envision new business operating paradigms and drives sustainable improvements
- An experienced executive with ability and experience to integrate 3rd party products and acquired business or product lines.
- Strategic Vision: Ability to create operational strategies to effectively manage and utilize plant assets to meet corporate goals. To offer operational recommendations when considering M&A assessments.
- Operational Excellence: Create an organization that is passionate about being professional and industry leading in all aspects of plant operations. Implement continuous improvement and operational best practices.
- Change Management: Sustained long-term change process, building commitment by explicitly laying out a clear change roadmap and monitoring progress.
- Leadership: Develop a strong team that is inspired, motivated and organized to achieve great results over the long term.
- Customer Service: Ensure a consistent product supply to meet sales forecasts.
- Safety: Provide safety leadership to create a culture where safety is a core value and the team is driving for an injury-free workplace.
- Collaboration: Partner with other teams to ensure alignment on achieving areas of shared accountability such as customer satisfaction and financial metrics.
In addition, your core leadership capabilities include:
- Vision and Goal Setting:Develops operational vision and translates the vision into action.
- Change Management:Creating, facilitating and implementing successful change actions.
- Promoting Empowerment: Empowers employees to take risks, supports them and encourages learning from setbacks and failures.
- Solving Problems Creatively: Use innovative methods and technologies to get things done. Use collaborative approach to increase rewarding innovation.
- Executive Presence: Builds credibility through leadership, confidence and understanding of other people’s perspectives and interests.
- Minimum 15 years hands-on experience working in Life Science tools companies
- Technical degree (B.S or higher, MBA, Ph.D. highly desirable)
- Proven experience managing all aspects of supply chain (planning, procurement, order fulfillment) across consumable & instrument manufacturing.