Fluidigm is looking for a Field Application Specialist, Western Region based in California or Washington. This role is a multifunctional leadership role that will assist in driving Fluidigm's efforts into the high throughput and single cell genomics segments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Be responsible for the maintenance and provision of applications support and training on Fluidigm’s product portfolio being utilized in high throughput and single cell genomics labs within CRO, Commercial, Academic Research, Pharma, and regulated markets; thereby, contributing substantially to customer satisfaction through expedient adoption of Fluidigm’s platforms within their respective market(s).
- Be instrumental in the development, validation and implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of scaled processes that will enable entities to operate at a high throughput level.
- Provide initial training to customers at their own laboratories and at Fluidigm customer training locations (products, software, and data analysis).
- Assist customers in the development and implementation standard workflow processes.
- Assist internal departments pertaining to the current needs of the defined market segments identified through voice of customer experience.
- Provide information and direction to customers regarding both wet-lab and data analysis workflows related to supported Fluidigm products and panels.
- Continuously update scientific & technological knowledge for support of customers, concentrating on knowing and identifying current and novel workflows and applications which would benefit the success of all customers.
- Support existing and newly released products and applications.
- Proactively and continuously update both scientific and product knowledge for support of customers.
- Communicate effectively within a team to enhance others’ knowledge.
- Maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of molecular biology methods including NGS sequencing, qPCR, SNP Genotyping and digital PCR across a variety of specialty applications.
- Ability to independently design, plan, and execute experiments, including interpretation of results.
The employee must have certain knowledge at a level sufficient for them to perform the duties of the job. This knowledge includes, but is not limited to:
- Strong theoretical molecular biology foundation: intimate knowledge of NGS sequencing, Capillary Electrophoresis, SNP Genotyping, qPCR, FACS, RT-PCR, and statistical methodology.
- Knowledge of a field role that supports and trains customers, assists in interpreting and troubleshooting data generated by standard and custom assays and applications.
- Understanding of bioinformatics analysis tools and concepts: clustering algorithms, PCA, violin plots, R, SNP analysis, BLAST, ddCt method, relative and absolute quantitation, etc.
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving capability.
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and accepts a challenging and exciting work environment, a team player, a leader, who can effectively work cross functional (interdisciplinary) and communicate empathically.
- A technically savvy individual who can assess customer needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success.
- Problem solving skills with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles.
- Customer minded with the empathy to understand customer concerns.
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field based activities across functions to support customer requirements. Individual will also need to balance and prioritize the requirements of several internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing environment, while managing time effectively.
- A high degree of technical competence & confidence and ability to interface with the customer and the scientific community to the highest levels.
- Require minimal guidance on routine tasks.
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills.
- Ability to interact with customers on a level that inspires confidence and secures customer loyalty.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60%, both domestic & international.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exemplary presentation skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- B.S. degree in Biological Sciences with 5+ years of experience in Life Sciences with at least 2 years in field applications.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant lab experience.
- Preferred Masters or Ph.D. in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or related discipline.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.