Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm Corporation is seeking a Manager FP&A in our global finance and planning team as a business partner to Fluidigm’s commercial business organization. In this highly visible position, the candidate will support forecasting, reporting and analysis activities of sales, marketing, support and services organizations.
- Serve as primary owner of internal revenue reporting to management
- Report and analyze pipeline, bookings, revenue and backlog with emphasis on trended detail of product lines, regions and customers (units, ASPs, pull through, product vitality)
- Own data integrity of revenue results and forecast for business partner when interfacing with Cross functional teams (Sales, Service, Marketing, Accounting, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Ensure forecast accuracy and process control through maintenance of templates and tools
- Work closely with regional/divisional teams to prepare monthly reviews including forecast/results/pipeline guidelines, templates, consolidation, WW analysis and packaging.
- Maintain templates and tools (including Adaptive Planning) for monthly planning.
- Manage departmental operating expenses, including detailed analysis of commissions, spending, hiring and capital expenditures versus plan/forecast.
- Calculate commissions quarterly.
- Provide monthly departmental BVA analyses and documentation of material variances.
- Contribute to monthly/quarterly close activities.
- Conduct ad-hoc strategic analyses as required.
- Implement best practices through demonstrated domain expertise for FP&A on cross-functional process improvement teams with emphasis on continual process improvement of tools and systems. Drive standardization of metrics, reports and processes.
- 4-6 years of experience in financial analysis & reporting, corporate finance or consulting
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or scientific field such as engineering or biology; MBA degree is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and team orientation with ability to work collaboratively with co-workers across departments and areas of experience, including scientists and engineers, to provide financial insights to operational drivers
- Relevant experience in product development, manufacturing or commercial sales, with aptitude to understand and communicate business drivers
- Analytical skills for financial modeling and reporting in an environment in which creativity and thoughtful new approaches are valued
- Self starter with project management experience to tackle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and take accountability to drive projects to completion.
- Strong aptitude with financial tools & systems, e.g. Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, Adaptive Planning, PowerBI, Essbase
- Strong knowledge of US Accounting Principles
- Flexibility with hours, working with Singapore, Canadian, and European colleagues (periodic, not daily)