The Lead Systems Administrator will provide network and helpdesk support to our Canadian office, while working in a global team.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide System Administration and support for the local and remote staff
- Provide onsite support to local infrastructure
- Taking proactive ownership of incidents, escalating through to teams as required
- Documentation of all internal site hardware/software/networking
- Promote a customer focused culture that is aligned to the business requirements
- Provide weekend/On Call support
- Provide helpdesk and service desk support
Education and Experience
- Must have 8+ years of experience and hands on experience working Windows Server environments
- Exceptional Customer Service skills, working within in a service desk environment using Service Desk applications to manage incidents
- Experience in both internal Windows Desktop and Desktop applications, plus external product support.
- Experience in a Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory environments, understanding services as DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy and NTFS permissions.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of desktop hardware (PC,Multifunction Printers, Scanners, Mobile Devices, VOIP phones, etc.)
- Basic computer networking troubleshooting experience
- Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed.
- 5+ years of experience in helpdesk support with technical experience
- Experience planning and prioritizing workload and demonstrating initiative
- General commercial awareness of impact of client requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited or no technical understanding.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Experience with using Powershell
- Ability to perform physical work and lift up to 60 pounds
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.