As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm is seeking a hands-on, experienced Director, Product Management who will be responsible for Fluidigm’s Mass Cytometry Suspension platform suite.
The Director, Product Management role is responsible for Fluidigm’s Mass Cytometry Suspension platform suite. This individual will be responsible for developing, setting, and ensuring achievement of the global product marketing strategy for this product line. This cross functional role will include strategy development, product roadmap design, investment strategy, product and pricing strategy, competitive positioning/differentiation, and competitor tracking, and management of on-market product/s.
As owner of the MC Suspension/CyTOF System/Platform portfolio, the Director Product Management, ensures the product/s meet target revenue, target margin, and market share worldwide. He/she works closely with R&D, Product Management Applications, Worldwide Sales in partnership to advance commercial revenues, market access, share penetration, industry leadership, and will have full life cycle product management responsibilities across this system platform. As Director, this individual will have excellent people management skill sets, both direct and indirect, have the confidence and credibility to speak with KOL customers, at industry conferences, to clearly communicate the value of the product/platform portfolio. The individual will also be required to present clearly to company stakeholders, including executive management.
- Drives market driven product life cycle management activities across business to improve revenues, profitability, and growth trajectory
- Identifies new segment and expansion opportunities, defines successful penetration strategies to increase market share, in parallel to securing existing base and building competitive immunity
- Develop customer based segmentation, corresponding value proposition; provides commercial sales support tools to demonstrate/quantitate value differentiators on workflow and operational costs.
- Work with Corporate Marketing, assist and support demand generation programs to support business objectives product awareness campaigns, trade shows, KOL User Group/Campaigns
- Work closely with Global Commercial leaders to ensure marketing support, guidance and/or direction is provided to the Field Sales and Regional marketing teams
- Set strategic direction for Product line, establish priorities consistent with corporate strategy and revenue goals
- Work with R&D teams, including hardware and software engineering, and external partners, to enhance the product portfolio and drive product line growth
- Provide Role Model Leadership to teams
- Bachelor required, MBA strongly preferred
- Advanced degree in biological sciences preferred
- Work experience in life sciences, biotechnology
- 8-10 years of progressive responsible experience in product management
- Strong business acumen, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional and personal relationship with key business partners and customer
- Experience in product life cycle management and product launch processes, knowledge of Phase Gate product development process
- Strong team building skills and proven ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinate, peers, and upper management
- Experience and proven track record in managing and prioritizing