The Vice President, Global Service and Sales Operations will be a member of the Sr. Leadership Team in the Commercial organization and will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the strategic plan for worldwide field service, service operations, service logistics and sales operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delights Fluidigm customers through provision of high quality service for all Fluidigm products
- Leads the profitable growth of a customer-focused, worldwide service organization
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership Team, Support and Sales teams to define, develop, three year strategic plan for service and sales operations
- Develops bench leadership and organizational staffing through definition of staffing requirements, roles and responsibilities, goal setting, performance evaluation as well as recruitment and retention of key roles
Financial Discipline and Cash Management
- Develops service and support P&L and inventory forecasts. Manages all activities in accordance with budget.
- Meets quarterly revenue goals aligned to overall corporate objectives and produces quarterly rolling forecasts with visibility to service and support pipeline
- Responsible for inventory and logistics of spare parts on a worldwide basis, including the development of a new service spare parts logistics function to identify and forecast demand planning between factories and distribution location. Requires metrics/dashboards of units and cost of inventory at all times.
- Supervises creation and execution of a sales operations group with the charter to provide tools, information and analytics to enable high performance of Fluidigm’s sales, service and support teams. Establishes both short and long-term requirements across the commercial organization.
- Oversees the development and implementation of comprehensive standard training programs for all sales and service operations personnel, including development of SOPs for critical customer facing processes. Measures effectiveness of training through proficiency testing and customer feedback surveys.
- Identifies critical failure modes and works with VP, Global Support to escalate issues to R&D and sustaining engineering teams
- Actively manages and improves FTFR, MTBF and MTTR metrics for all Fluidigm instruments
- Manage overall project timelines, budgets and priorities for service and sales operations
- Supervise and work with Service Product Management in the creation and execution of innovative service and support programs and campaigns to include strategy, creative direction, campaign objectives, messaging and ROI for programs and campaigns
- Work with marketing to drive awareness and image of Fluidigm service through trade press, on line presence, social media, and customer success promotion
- Travels to key customer accounts to engage customer participation in Service Advisory Boards, identifying and implementing service improvement opportunities
- Lead analysis of service and support requirements and costs for strategic alliances and OEM arrangements
- Outstanding leadership and team-building skills
- Demonstrated excellent management and problem-solving skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the life science tools industry
- Demonstrated ability to develop process, procedures and metrics to create world-class organizations
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in directing and successfully managing/influencing global teams in the life science tools industry
- Experience in building a world class organizations. Start-up experience along with larger company experience is highly preferred
- Experience with SFDC and/or ServiceMaxExperience in working within regulated environments
- Demonstrated experience in high-volume applied genomics and proteomics
- Experience in working with new revolutionary technologies and developing the tools, skills and people necessary to provide world class service and support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional manner.
- Independent, resourceful, and self-directed