Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a talented individual to lead our reagent QC team. The QC Manager will work closely with the proteomic and genomic reagent manufacturing teams to ensure timely release of quality products to inventory.
- Passionate about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to learn and use a wide variety of techniques to ensure products meet our specifications.
- Manage the activities of the QC team to ensure products are released according to the production schedule
- Be responsible for documentation review to ensure compliance with GDP and ISO13485 requirements.
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as Customer Support/Services, Product Management and Research & Development
- Design and execute troubleshooting experiments for projects related to customer complaints, inputs, and feedback
- Assist with validating new user protocols for reagent products as well as improving existing protocols
- Maintain records and laboratory environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good laboratory practices, and standard operating procedures
- Maintain manufacturing instruments and other laboratory equipment as needed
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- B.S. degree or M.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or similar life science discipline required
- Minimum of 4-6 years (with B.A./B.S.) or 2-3 years (with M.S.) experience in the Biotech industry required
- Proven capability of using various analytical instruments for the characterization and testing of produced reagents
- Previous experience should include some combination of the following: genotyping, PCR analysis, next generation sequencing, flow cytometry and/or mass spectroscopy.
- Experience working in a similar QC role in an ISO-certified work environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access and general understanding of ERP concepts
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.