The right job isn’t about location or benefits or responsibilities. The right job is about personality, character, motivation, fulfillment. It’s about what inspires us, what we’re passionate about.
At Fluidigm, we’re passionate about life. Exploring it, studying it, sustaining it, living it. We make biotech tools that enable our customers and ourselves to seek truth in applied life sciences. To push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?”
Naturally, we’re also passionate about people, especially the ones we work with. We know that the right people in the right positions can do amazing things, and we love helping that happen. Now we’re looking for a Technical Marketing Scientist to join our talented product marketing team. And if you’re the right person, we’d like to make you a deal:
- Have a phenomenal ability to connect with scientists over cutting-edge research and translational applications in areas such as immunology or cancer immunotherapy
- Have a thorough understanding of the power and potential of high parameter technologies in solving complex problems
- Have a strong understanding of the pain points of scientists in performing high parameter biological experiments and a passion for solving them
- Have a demonstrated ability to distill scientific information into workflows and procedures that are deployable globally
- Have the ability to persuade people toward the power of high parameter experiments through production and presentation of compelling data
- Have performed exceptional scientific collaborations that have provided new understanding through application of flow cytometry or research pathology
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
- Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, and, seriously, a lot more
You Must Have
- A Ph.D. or Masters degree, with five years of relevant operational experience in Mass Cytometry, flow cytometry or research pathology, and at least three years of customer-facing experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging your excellent interpersonal skills in training and convincing people of technologies and workflows that can advance their research
- Self-motivation and strong attention to detail
- The ability to thrive on challenge within a dynamic organization at the forefront of scientific progress
- The ability to occasionally travel to conferences and collaboration sites to produce and present scientific materials that support high parameter workflows
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.