Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Scientist I with Plasma Physics qualifications. The Scientist will play an essential role in research and development of new ion sources and interface ion optics for mass cytometry. The successful candidate will support Fluidigm Canada Inc. products as required and engage in commercialization and sustaining activities. The Scientist will originate and support invention disclosures and patent applications. Additionally, the Scientist will participate in external collaborations, preparation of scientific manuscripts related to R&D activities, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a part of instrumentation research group, invent/co-invent, simulate, develop and optimize new plasma-based ion sources and ion optics interfaces related to mass cytometry.
- Guide R&D engineers to design setups incorporating new concepts of ion sources and interface ions optics.
- Design and perform system tests with various sample formats - cell suspensions, tissue sections, etc.
- Perform data analysis and presentation.
- Communicate and collaborate with external collaborators and test sites, when required.
- Document any new development and participate in the knowledge transfer into New Product Commercialization process.
- Expert operation and skilled troubleshooting of Fluidigm analytical equipment including CyTOF Mass Cytometer and Hyperion Tissue Imager.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Physics with a minimum of 3 years of experience related to Plasma Physics and a proven track record in the research field.
- Substantial hands-on experience in experimental and theoretical aspects of engineering physics such as plasma physics and gas dynamics.
- Highly self-motivated and independent critical thinker.
- Fast learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of plasma physics, gas dynamics, ion optics and space charge limited ion beams.
- Proven track record of converting knowledge in these disciplines into ideas for improved instrumentation and then into working R&D setups
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team including mechanical, electrical, optical and software engineers as well as research scientists in instrumentation, chemistry and biology.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!