Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words; they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Field Service Engineer to deliver exceptional service to our customers across the entire spectrum of Fluidigm products. The Field Service Engineer will act as the primary point of contact for customers on technical and service issues. A crucial player in our commitment to total customer satisfaction, the Field Service Engineer must demonstrate solid judgment and possess outstanding interpersonal skills. This position is field-based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but travel throughout the western U.S. is to be expected.
- Excited by the opportunity to provide 100% customer satisfaction in a cutting-edge scientific environment.
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems within an operational interplay of software, hardware, and chemistry.
- A team player who functions well within an interdisciplinary environment.
- Install, repair, maintain, and perform qualification services on Fluidigm systems located at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot instrument hardware and software, often under challenging conditions.
- Identify areas for product and process improvement and communicate these accordingly.
- Employ our customer management tool to track work orders, manage parts inventory, and complete other administrative job tasks.
- Travel approximately 50% of the time on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- Work independently, but also function as a critical and relied-upon member of our Field Services team. This may require travel outside of your assigned coverage territory and contribution to high value service projects.
- A BS in Science or Engineering discipline with five years of industry experience in the service or support of life science instruments.
- Substantial working knowledge of optical, electrical and mechanical sub-systems.
- Expertise in employing root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience supporting mass spectrometry instrumentation, preferred.
- Salesforce.com familiarity, preferred.