As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm has a need for a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the leadership team.
Senior Administrative Assistant
- Proactively ensure that the administrative needs of the person(s) being supported are met.
- Manage high-level travel arrangements and Outlook calendar updates, including multiple international time zones
- Prepare expense reports, using multiple international currency conversions.
- Act as an extension of our executives; this may include answering and responding to calls, emails, and other correspondence. Compose and prepare letters, memos, reports, other documents.
- Coordinate logistics, draft agendas, provide advance materials, and execute follow up for meetings
- Assist in the preparation of Legal documents, agreements and contracts
- Track and expedite all types of requisitions. Maintain logs for tracking purposes
- Own and manage projects of intermediate-complex scope that require good judgment, strong analytical skills, and effective communication
- Using input from manager, prepare department budgets
- Manage and participate in large event planning activities
- Prepare materials for large and small meetings and events
- Provide New Hire Assistance, schedule interviews and host candidate while on site
Knowledge (Understanding), Skills (Learned), and Abilities (Natural Tendencies):
- Manage confidentiality in a highly professional manner
- Work well as a team member, share information and best practices
- Provide guidance and assistance to other administrative staff when needed
- Be comfortable with routine substantive contact with high-level staff (internal and external).
- Maintain composure and resiliency in stressful situations
- Improve existing work processes and demonstrate a willingness to learn new ways of working
- Respond to change and recommend options to move work forward
- Volunteer to pull work over the finish line
- Meet deadlines, take initiative, and make rational decisions under pressure
- Manage constantly shifting priorities with grace and ease
- Ability to see the big picture while taking care of the minute details
Education and Experience:
High School diploma and 8 years of experience or any combination of education and experience
- Extreme attention to detail and careful time management
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive tasks to completion
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage schedules of one or more executives for high productivity
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work across several layers of staff and customers
- Proficient with Microsoft’s Office Suite, Smart Draw preferred
- Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
- Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing career development
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food,
free on-site gym equipment, dry cleaning services, after work activities and many more fun things to do.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin