As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm has an immediate need for a Senior Commodity Manager
- Experience in engineering, procurement and manufacturing environments.
- 5-10 yrs. experience in electrical components, electronics, sheet metal, PCB contract manufacturing, and precision machining.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in international procurement with the above commodities.
- Experience with project management processes and toolsets.
- Ability to analyze BOM’s and engineering drawings to understand key requirements.
- Direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Suppliers; ability to select and qualify suppliers.
- Implement a procurement strategy addressing technology direction, supplier development, supplier selection, and pricing strategy.
- Support annual cost reduction targets; collaborate through cross functional work with Engineering, Operations and Quality
- Conduct periodic extensive industry research on select commodities, meeting with sales people, assessing innovative technologies, comparing products and prices.
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred
- ERP experience (Oracle, SAP, MS Dynamics AX, JD Edwards, etc)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications is preferred
- Professional Engineer
- Six Sigma, lean manufacturing methodologies
- Willingness to travel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of ISO 13485, ISO 9001, FDA and other quality management systems
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Life science or related filed would be desirable
- Certification in NAPM or APICS would be desired
· Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
· Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
· Support you in your ongoing career development
· Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
· Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
· Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, free on-site gym equipment, dry cleaning services, after work activities and many more fun things to do.
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin