Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager.
- Experience in engineering, procurement and manufacturing environments.
- Strong Contract negotiations experience
- 5+ years of managing people. This is a must.
- 5+ years experience in international procurement is a plus
- Experience with project management processes and toolsets.
- Ability to analyze BOM’s and engineering drawings to understand key requirements.
- Direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Suppliers; ability to select and qualify suppliers.
- Implement a procurement strategy addressing technology direction, supplier development, supplier selection, and pricing strategy.
- Support annual cost reduction targets; collaborate through cross functional work with Engineering, Operations and Quality
- 5+ years experience in electrical components, electronics, sheet metal, PCB contract manufacturing, and precision machining.
- Conduct periodic extensive industry research on select commodities, meeting with sales people, assessing innovative technologies, comparing products and prices.
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred
- ERP experience (Oracle, SAP, MS Dynamics AX, JD Edwards, etc)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications is preferred
- Professional Engineer
- Six Sigma, lean manufacturing methodologies
- Willingness to travel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of ISO 13485, ISO 9001, FDA and other quality management systems
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Life science or related filed would be desirable
- Certification in NAPM or APICS would be desired
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!