Senior Applications Development Scientist – High Throughput Genomics
Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and direct development of applications that result in commercial products supporting Fluidigm microfluidic platforms
- Perform development and validation studies
- Prepare reports for internal and external review
- Interface with cross functional work teams (Marketing, Reagent Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance)
- Maintain records and laboratory environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good laboratory practices, and standard operating procedures
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry with a minimum of ten years of experience
- Demonstrated success in developing and optimizing highly multiplexed PCR-based assays and applications (essential)
- Hands-on experience in genomic assay technologies and standard molecular biology techniques (essential)
- Extensive experience with NGS library construction (essential)
- Experience with nucleic acid purification method development (a plus)
- Experience with DOE and JMP or other statistical tools (a plus)
- Experience in bioinformatics and statistical data analysis (a plus)
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Highly self-motivated and detail orientated.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in experimental design, method development, and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to conform to completion timelines
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a high-performance start-up environment with special on commercial product development
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven capability to contribute to and lead cross-functional teams and projects, and to drive change in an organization
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.