Senior Director FP&A - worldwide sales, marketing, and research & development
Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are an innovative leader in cell and tissue analysis powering groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical research, pharma research and biotech. Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and agricultural biotechnology companies worldwide.
Fluidigm focuses on unmet needs in translational and clinical research emphasizing oncology, immunology and cancer immunotherapy. Our technology also enables translational and clinical research in stem cell, neuroscience and inherited diseases. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that change lives.
Fluidigm Corporation is seeking a Senior Director in our FP&A department to lead Fluidigm’s finance organization. The candidate will influence business decisions and drive organizational priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
In this highly visible position, the candidate will oversee the design and reporting of key performance indicators for worldwide sales, marketing, and research & development. The candidate will interact with functional department heads to monitor and analyze revenue, operating expense, regional contribution margin, and investments in innovation.
This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Act as a trusted finance partner to the Chief Commercial Officer and Head of Research and Development
- Proactively collaborate to influence and align functional processes with overall company strategy and finance policies and procedures.
- Lead and co-own with your business partners planning, forecasting and reporting cycles (annually, quarterly and monthly) to deliver flawless performance.
- Contribute business insights and advanced analytics of top line and operational data to drive growth and profitability through demonstration of analytical prowess, strategic thinking and a command of the details.
- Support the new product development function with financial analyses including net present value, and internal rates of return, as appropriate; and critical reviews of key assumptions.
- Initiate proactive business dialogue and challenge assumptions to ensure sound financial decisions and improve business performance.
- Partner with G&A functions to ensure compliance with company policies and drive systematic process improvements to increase productivity.
- Develop a high-performing team that is inspired, motivated and organized to achieve great results over the long term.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or economics; MBA preferred
- 15 years of finance and accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years of direct people management experience
- Track record of building teams, developing financial personnel and driving process improvement
- Experience in building financial plans and forecasts with a good track record of accuracy
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Good business judgement with an ability to constructively challenge assumptions and take an independent stance when appropriate
- High energy and are self-motivated
- Customer focus with a high level of integrity
- Worked effectively in a matrix organization
- Strong aptitude with financial tools & systems, including Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of US Accounting Principles especially revenue recognition
Flexibility with hours, working with Singapore, Canadian, and European colleagues (periodic, not daily)
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Provide a highly competitive compensation package, including strong benefits and growth opportunities.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.