Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are an innovative leader in cell and tissue analysis powering groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical research, pharma research and biotech.
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and agricultural biotechnology companies worldwide.
Fluidigm Corporation is seeking a Technical Support Specialist - Molecular Biology to support our customers.
- Provide exceptionally competent phone and email support to our customers, distributors & staff.
- Serve as our primary customer contact on technical product and application-related issues,
resolving issues and tackling queries in a manner that inspires confidence.
- Take full ownership of assigned cases, guiding them through troubleshooting or escalation to final Resolution.
- Track customer complaints, identifying trends and conducting failure investigation with cross-
functional teams, all the while meticulously following SOP to ensure that every customer
interaction gets logged into the call tracking database.
- Conduct demonstration experiments on our biotech applications, analyze and present data to
customers and develop customer-facing training materials and documents
- A BS degree with Five (5) years of relevant lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, clinical chemistry or an allied discipline and at least three (3) years of customer or technical support
- Proven experience in at least one of the following applications: gene expression, genotyping, digital PCR or sequencing, combined with experience in customer support (preferably in the life sciences) Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills combined with a genuine desire to see the customer succeed.
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- The ability to thrive on challenge within a dynamic organization at the forefront of scientific progress
- PhD preferred – not required
- Genomics based sequencing experience is a big plus
If this sounds like you, we want to know. Apply online now with your resume.
- Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
- Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym
equipment and, seriously, a lot more