Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Technical Support Specialist - Molecular Biology to support our customers.
- Provide exceptionally competent phone and email support to our customers, distributors & staff.
- Serve as our primary customer contact on technical product and application-related issues, resolving issues and tackling queries in a manner that inspires confidence.
- Take full ownership of assigned cases, guiding them through troubleshooting or escalation to final Resolution.
- Track customer complaints, identifying trends and conducting failure investigation with cross-functional teams, all the while meticulously following SOP to ensure that every customer interaction gets logged into the call tracking database.
- Conduct demonstration experiments on our biotech applications, analyze and present data to customers and develop customer-facing training materials and documents
- A BS degree with Five (5) years of relevant lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, clinical chemistry or an allied discipline and at least three (3) years of customer or technical support experience
- Proven experiencein at least one of the following applications: gene expression, genotyping, digital PCR or sequencing, combined with experience in customer support (preferably in the life sciences) Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills combined with a genuine desire to see the customer succeed.
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- The ability to thrive on challenge within a dynamic organization at the forefront of scientific progress
- PhD preferred – not required
- Genomics based sequencing experience is a big plus
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!