Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Technical Support Specialist II - NGS and Molecular Biology to support our customers.
The Technical Support Specialist II is responsible for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly duties associated within the Technical Support organization
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Provide exceptionally competent phone and email support to both internal and external customers
- Serve as the primary customer contact on technical product and application related issues
- Take full ownership of assigned cases, guiding them through troubleshooting or escalation processes to the final resolution
- Follow SOP’s to ensure that every customer interaction is logged into the call tracking database
- Track customer complaints, identifying trends and conducting failure investigation with cross-functional teams
- Conduct experiment demonstrations on our applications; analyze and present data to customers
- Create, review and publish Knowledge content
- Desire to become the subject matter expert in Fluidigm’s application platforms
- Assist with monitoring and triage of escalations, request assistance from subject matter experts within the support organization
- Distill customer feedback into actionable items that feed into the development pipeline
- Travel in the field with Field Application Specialists approximately two times / year within California
- Able to identify areas that need improvement for Tech support efficiency / customer success and develop projects to address them
- The employee must have certain knowledge at a level sufficient for them to perform the duties of the job. This knowledge includes, but is not limited to:
- Strong theoretical molecular biology foundation: intimate knowledge of Genotyping, Gene Expression, Digital PCR, and statistical methodology
- Strong practical knowledge of molecular biology: experience performing qPCR/RT PCR, sequencing library prep and FACS
- In depth theoretical and practical knowledge of NGS protocols and concepts
- Understanding of bioinformatics analysis tools and concepts: clustering algorithms, PCA, violin plots, R, SNP analysis, BLAST, etc.
- Knowledge and use of microfluidics instrumentation a plus
- Departmental policies, procedures, directives, rules and regulations
- A BS degree with Five (5) years of relevant lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, clinical chemistry or an allied discipline and at least three (3) years of customer or technical support experience
- PhD preferred – not required
- Proven experience in at least one of the following applications: NGS library preparation, gene expression, genotyping, digital PCR, combined with experience in customer support (preferably in the life sciences). Also, outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills combined with a genuine desire to see the customer succeed.
- Strong customer service orientation and willingness to prioritize customer needs
- Ability to organize and present data to large groups in person and through technical webinars
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Experience following and/or developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Superb follow-through skills and relationship management required
- Previous customer or technical support experience desired
- Ability to interact with our customers on a level that inspires confidence and secures customer loyalty
- Ability to independently design, plan, and execute experiments
- Genomics based sequencing experience is a big plus
Maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, PCR, and sequencing library prep across a wide variety of specialty applications.