Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Corporate Accounting team based in South San Francisco. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the global accounting quality close process including journal entries, consolidation and reporting activities. The role currently manages the US and European fixed asset ledgers, ‘Bank of America’ bank reconciliations, intercompany settlements and global royalties. Apart from a few standard closing activities most days will bring up new challenges and experiences making this a truly exciting global role.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Global Accounting’ with regards to month-end closing activities
- Manage the US and European fixed asset registers including additions, disposals, construction in progress, run depreciation and assist with the global annual asset verification and life review process
- Identify and record royalty accruals, work with marketing, product operations and legal to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Manage the Bank Reconciliation process for all ‘Bank of America’ bank accounts (US and Europe) and record changes in investments
- Manage entries and reconciliations associated with intangible assets, prepayments, commissions, deferred rent and accrued interest
- Record IT/Facilities allocation entries
- Record European/US and US/Canada transfer pricing entries
- Work with our Japanese team to ensure that their results are loaded into Microsoft Dynamics AX in a timely and accurate manner
- Propose monthly intercompany settlements and initiate them in ‘Bank of America’ CashPro
- Oversee the ‘Quarterly non-sales contract rep letter’ process
- Create journal entries as and when required during the close
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly reports for the CFO including reporting significant items
- Support quarterly external audit and manage the PBC deliverables
- Production of quarterly SEC filing footnotes including fair value of financial instruments, asset grids, minimum leases commitments and debt amortization schedules
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance throughout in all activities and support the team to complete various ad-hoc tasks
- Participate in the ‘record to report’ process improvement team
- Work with legal, tax, treasury, operational, shared service center in Singapore and FP&A teams to manage any accounting queries
- Contributes to the development of new procedures, processes and standards for team/area, identifying improvements for managing daily operations
- Builds lateral, cross-functional relationships to investigate opportunities for innovation and cost savings
- Completes analyses based on research and interpretation, to evaluate and recommend solutions
- Applies independent judgment to solve problems outside of established processes and procedures
- Accounting Degree
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experienceis a major plus.
- Experience of Atlas Reporting and BlackLine account reconciliationsis a plus
- Excellent excel skills are required
- Experience working for a multi-national company with overseas subsidiaries and a shared service center is a big advantage
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to support the team as and when required
- The ability to resolve issues quickly using data from financial systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and informal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!