Responsible for various duties within manufacturing department to troubleshoot electronics, optical, mechanical assemblies, establish a continuous improvement initiatives with production/refurbishing process including system test, work cross-functionally with engineers and the production team to build high quality instrumentation. Identify requirements, schedule calibration, verify, and validate production tools/jigs for efficient manufacturing processes.
- Act as an on-site technical lead to coordinate day-to-day electronics, optical and mechanical troubleshooting and re-work processes
- Work cross-functionally with manufacturing/design engineers, quality engineers and production technicians to resolve the root cause of non-conformance and propose corrective and preventative action
- Operate the Helios and Hyperion Tissue Imager instruments in order to troubleshoot and/or collect engineering data
- Improve production/refurbishing processes, manufacturing verification test (MVT) and System Validation Test (SVT) plans
- Participate in Production Readiness Reviews, perform review of parts, drawings, bill of materials and work instructions for assembly/manufacturability (DFM & A) and ensure current Device Master Record revision are being followed.
- Establish standard work and reliable methods in production so that Production Technicians can consistently produce a quality product
- Participate in incoming inspection process with Engineering and QA to properly qualify new vendors and measure dimensions for new parts before using in production
- Identify requirements, schedule calibration, verify, and validate production tools/jigs for efficient manufacturing processes
- Follow lean manufacturing processes and tools (5S, Kanban, Takt time, and Value Stream Mapping) in production for productivity, eliminate waste and cost savings.
- Ensure Instrument/Operational/Performance Qualifications are followed
- Bachelor degree, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience testing and troubleshooting complicated analytical instruments, specifically electrical, mechanical and optical assemblies - including precision piezo ceramic/stepper motors, electrical power distribution modules, vacuum systems, delicate ion-optical modules, and Laser.
- Good practical knowledge of physical principles of mass spectrometry
- Ability to comprehend and follow complicated electrical schematic, PCB layout, mechanical drawings and performs measurement and verification of parts compliance to drawings.
- Ability to solve complicated instrument malfunction problems independently and with minimum supervision – exceptional problem solving ability
- Team player, positive attitude, and punctual
- Strong learning and communication skills
- Open to new ideas and concepts
- Proficient with Excel and other applications for data analysis
- Familiarity with document management system
- Experience with technical writing documentation
- Occasional heavy lifting of up to 50lb
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.