Collaborative, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
Fluidigm is looking for a motivated Senior Creative Design Manager to oversee, protect and evolve, as necessary, all aspects of the visual identity and style for Fluidigm communications across all channels both internally and externally.
- Passionate about working for a company that creates cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to create superior and original designs for a variety of media
- Motivated to establish good working relationships with strong personalities in both optimal and challenging conditions
- Be responsible for driving the overall brand and strategy of Fluidigm
- Manage all aspects of creative, design and production of visual communications from concept to completion
- Collaborate with marketing managers and internal clients as well as the writing and web teams to develop and produce dynamic communications
- Participate in and support an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem solving
- Recruit, manage, lead, mentor and guide excellent freelance design contractors and visual content partners, as needed
- Identify new tools or applications for the creation of impactful, effective visual content
- Follow market trends and apply a keen understanding of visual audience engagement to maximize the effectiveness of our original content
- Maintain and evolve, as necessary, visual standards for design and content across all company outlets, and provide guidance for colleagues executing against them
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience in graphic design or a related field
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional design experience in an agency or in-house studio
- Full and technical understanding of Adobe CS and Mac OS, and working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Acrobat
- Experience with HTML and CSS a plus
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Strong conceptual skills and a high-level sense of design, layout and typography
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to balance divergent projects and competing deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience recruiting and managing a multifunctional design team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills