Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer and leader in revolutionary single-cell technology, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Director, HR Business Partners who will be responsible for leading the global HR Business Partner function. Through a deep knowledge of all client business, people and organizational needs, the Director supports HR Business Partners with effectively diagnosing complex issues, recommending solutions and engaging the appropriate resources to provide HR services that support the successful achievement of business goals. The Director, HRBP serves as a consultant to executives and senior management on human resource-related matters, and acts as an employee champion and change agent. The Director, HRBP reports to the Sr. Director, Global Human Resources
- Oversees and assess the effective delivery of HR programs and services for all global client groups. Sets project timelines, priorities, and staffing requirements for the HRBP organization.
- Provides advice and feedback to HRBPs regarding the design and rollout of HR programs.
- Through their team, the Director oversees the delivery of meaningful organization and talent review processes, as well as ensures the effective execution of talent management initiatives (retention planning, succession planning, calibration programs, development planning, etc.).
- Provides coaching and consultation to HRBP team, executives and senior management on strategic projects, department goals, HR policies and programs. Recommends appropriate decisions which may be significantly complex in nature, and will have a significant impact to the business.
- The Director, HRBP Initiates timely and appropriate discussions with Senior leaders regarding organization design issues within different client groups, and provides guidance on organization change practices and actions.
- Effectively collaborates with HR COEs (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management / Learning & Development) when working on the development and implementation of strategies and programs to attract, develop, reward and retain exceptional talent.
- Designs, develops and implements communication strategies to introduce new HR programs and Company initiatives. Ensures effective communication strategies are in place within the organization and builds two-way communication channels.
- Ensures multi-location continuity in terms of HR programs, management philosophy and company culture, which in turn fosters consistent practices and thinking within different client groups and the organization.
- Manages, and assist HRBP team members with managing, complex employment relations issues, and provides general communications coaching to senior leaders. Guides leaders to have timely, critical conversations and ensures the appropriate management of conflict.
- Identifies opportunities to expand and strengthen HRBP team’s role in supporting client’s organizations.
- Responds to Sr. Executive’s request for information and presentations.
- Manages the HRBP budget
- Typically, 3-5 years of managing a HR Business Partner function.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in the HR field and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master’s degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
- Broad and deep HR knowledge and expertise in various functional areas such as Organization Design & Development, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Total Rewards and Learning and Development.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead the design, developments, implementation and evaluation of HR programs (capable of leading HR project teams).
- Effective consultation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and lead innovation and change.
- High level collaboration and teamwork abilities with the capacity for leveraging the involvement of key stakeholders and opinion leaders in the design and implementation of global HR initiatives and solutions.
- Strong business acumen and organization diagnostic ability.
- Able to develop an in depth understanding of how business gets done at the organization level with strong working knowledge of key business processes.
- Analytic, and systems thinking abilities. Able to identify complex issue essentials, delve under symptoms to find root causes, and analyze matters from multiple perspectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge in legal risk assessment as well as the application of employment law in business situations.
- Understands business objectives and is able to translate those objectives into HRBP priorities.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined compliance, HR policies and procedures.
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, friendly greetings, and, seriously, a lot more
Sound good? Apply online now with your resume.