Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Director, Education & Applications Support. The Director, Education & Applications Support, will provide strategic direction and leadership to a diverse team of professionals dedicated to training and applications support of Fluidigm’s product portfolio. The Education and Applications Support (EAS) team is composed of technical writers, product applications scientists, and eLearning developers. This leader will provide strategic vision for a unified training framework that meets the needs of both internal and external customers. In addition to training, this team provides support for escalated application issues from the field, as well as significant involvement in internal product development and product marketing initiatives.
- Development and implementation of a technical training framework for both internal and external customers
- Management of escalated application issue
- Ongoing personnel development to enhance and extend the capabilities of the EAS team in support of corporate objectives
- Assurance that the EAS department is representing the interests of customers in new product development projects
- Collaboration with diverse functional groups (i.e. marketing, commercial, R&D, quality) to identify, prioritize and ensure timely execution of requests for applications and technical writing assistance
- Development and review of technical materials and training content (user manuals, application notes, white papers and presentations
- Oversight of the direction, personnel development and budget of the EAS team, including product applications scientists, education/training developers, and technical writers.
- A PhD in life sciences with experience in molecular biology, immunology, cancer research and/or stem cell biology
- 8 years of relevant industry experience, including documented evidence of progressive leadership activities and team building
- Experience in eLearning and training program development
- Experience with an enterprise learning management system is desired
- Candidates with experience in qPCR, NGS, or flow/mass cytometry are highly preferred
- The ability to travel up to 25% of the time (40% if not located in the Greater Toronto Area or the San Francisco Bay Area)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Collaborative attitude within and outside own discipline
- Commitment to excellence in the customer experience and training
- Experience with technical writing lifecycle in a biotech environment
- Documented experience in development of eLearning for customer training in a blended learning environment
- Strong computer skills with Office and eLearning related software
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.