Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Global HRIS Project Manager who would be based at our corporate headquarters in South San Francisco, CA and report directly to our Sr. Director, Global Total Rewards.
As part of the Global Total Rewards team, provide seasoned functional input, configuration, and support for enterprise wide projects for HRIS Applications which includes but is not limited to: HCM, Payroll, Ben Admin, Compensation, Talent Acquisition and Organizational Development & Learning.
Provide direction and expertise working with external vendors for file development and implementation for HR programs. Proactively engages in system design, configuration, and large-scale projects to ensure successful development and launch of HR systems that support business needs while enhancing the user experience.
Support includes critical and complex functional application and configuration issues. Provides technical assistance and support in identifying and evaluating automated systems and related procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- As we move towards fully developing our Workday platform this role will be critical in ensuring that our HR systems meet global, regional, and local legislative and regulatory requirements such as European data privacy and Safe Harbor. Understand and articulate a full knowledge Workday HCM including its functionality, benefits, limitations and downstream impacts
- Functional activities include understanding complex business requirements for changing technological landscape and translating those to technological solutions, understanding requirements for: security, reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements; configuration, data clean up as needed, unit test script writing and execution, go live support and knowledge transition
- Respond to escalated HCM core application issues. Manage self-service, data integrations and supported HR systems requests and service support cases in a timely and courteous manner. Research and resolve errors surfaced by application users and integration processes by utilizing root cause analysis and leveraging support tools such as system/integration documentation, vendor knowledge bases and user networks.
- Provide application direction and technical needs. Responsible for work with third party vendors and internal business owners. Develop critical working relationships with Business Analysts, external business owners, vendors and associated functional work-steams to understand enterprise requirements and contribute to application and process improvements.
- Determines sizing and cost for recommended solutions. Approaches and negotiates timelines accordingly.
- Lead complex configuration and testing activities for high impact and visible HRIS projects or system patching for training and knowledge transfer.
- Accountable for ensuring security access to HCM is SOX compliant.
- Lead department efforts in continually building detailed knowledge documents for all supported applications and database for team reference
- Leverages standard process/system capabilities to reduce complexity and customization
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading/managing a full lifecycle HCM application. Workday experience preferred.
- Minimum 7 years related work experience in HR System configuration.
- Ability to manager workload and achieve results with minimal supervision. Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Ability to quickly build credibility within the organization and interact on a daily basis with other HR Functionalities.
- Strong collaboration skills in order to partner effectively across business units. Ability to influence and resolve complex system issues.
- Ability to maintain a confidential work environment, including handling issues with discretions and good judgment.
- Planning skills are necessary as is the ability to succeed and prioritize while meeting multiple deadlines.
- High accuracy and data integrity standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment while demonstrating organization, self-direction, and strong problem-solving skills.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!