Fluidigm is looking for an energetic and highly-motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to join our exciting mass cytometry R&D team based in Markham, ON. This individual will be a critical contributor to developing data analysis tools for our mass cytometry system.
- Develop an extensive understanding of data analysis pipeline related to our mass cytometry platforms
- Develop data segmentation/statistical modeling/machine learning algorithms using mass cytometry datasets
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams including product management, research scientists, product applications scientists and software developers to develop requirements, specifications and test plans
- Perform or coordinate the execution of verification and validation testing
- Perform data analysis, prepare technical reports and presentations at technical review
- Support the documentation and quality activities related to design control
- Gain expert understanding of research practices, test methods, and benchmarks and applies knowledge to the development of data analysis tools
- A Ph.D. with significant experience in bioinformatics, multiparametric data analysis, machine learning algorithms, and/or unsupervised medical image analysis.
- Strong bioinformatics related programming skills, and an understanding of biological questions related to immunology and oncology
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, medical statistics, etc.) and experience with bio-applications.
- Experience in leading groups through projects
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, ) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Minimum of 5 years of expeirence plus 3 years in managing projects/teams
- Experience with third-party data analysis tools such as Cytobank, FlowJo, ImageJ, Visiopharm, Indica, Image Pro, and Definiens
- Skilled in testing and developing analysis algorithms for large multiplexed datasets and applications related to cytometry and image analysis
- Project management experience
- Attention to detail
- The collaborative attitude within and outside own discipline
- Able to communicate complex scientific concepts to the audience from diverse disciplines
- Desirable: Familiarity with Design Control, ISO13485 and/or regulatory environment
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.