Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Field Application Support specialist to support the needs of our commercial team as they seek to empower and inspire our growing customer base.
- Provide high quality sales support, engaging with customers to provide technical discussion, seminars, and demonstrations relating to mass cytometry.
- Provide multi-faceted mass cytometry customer support including on-site and in-house training, email and phone inquiries, applications discussion, planning and troubleshooting, and data analysis.
- Participate in conferences, trade-shows and symposia.
- Collaborate with in-house teams to provide customer feedback and enhance future products as well as the training program.
- Travel ~50% within your territory and other parts of North America as needed
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- S. in life sciences or equivalent experience is required. Ph.D. and strong immunology background preferred.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology or cell biology lab is required. Experience in flow cytometry is highly desirable.
- Previous mass cytometry experience preferred.
- A keen interest in technology along with a high level of self-motivation and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in training instrumentation and software as well as technical writing.
- Strong presentation skills with a natural and influential style that comes across in both large seminars and small groups.
- A strong desire to collaborate both with customers and colleagues.
- A passion for helping customers succeed.
- Previous application specialist or other customer-facing experience preferred.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.