Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner who will be responsible for leading Business Partner activities for a variety of client groups. Through a deep knowledge of all client business, people and organizational needs, the Senior HRBP supports clients with effectively diagnosing complex issues, recommending solutions and engaging the appropriate resources to provide HR services that support the successful achievement of business goals.
The Senior HRBP serves as a consultant to executives and senior management on human resource-related matters, and acts as an employee champion and change agent.
- Oversees and assesses the effective delivery of HR programs and services.
- Participates and at times leads the design, development and rollout of global and regional HR programs.
- Oversees the delivery of meaningful organization and talent review processes, as well as ensures the effective execution of global talent management initiatives (retention planning, succession planning, performance and calibration programs, talent development planning, etc.).
- Provides coaching and consultation to executives and senior management on strategic projects, department goals, HR policies and programs. Recommends appropriate decisions which may be significantly complex in nature, and will have a significant impact to the business.
- The Senior HRBP initiates timely and appropriate discussions with Senior leaders regarding organization design issues within different client groups, and provides guidance on organization change practices and actions.
- Effectively collaborates with HR COEs (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management / Learning & Development, etc.) when working on the development and implementation of strategies and programs to attract, develop, reward and retain exceptional talent.
- Designs, develops and implements communication strategies to introduce new global HR programs and Company initiatives. Ensures effective communication strategies are in place within their clients and builds two-way communication channels.
- Ensures multi-location continuity in terms of HR programs, management philosophy and company culture, which in turn fosters consistent practices and thinking within different client groups and the organization.
- Manages complex employment relations issues, and provides general communications coaching to senior leaders. Guides leaders to have timely, critical conversations and ensures the appropriate management of conflict.
- Identifies opportunities to expand and strengthen HRBP team’s role in client organizations.
- Typically, 3-5 years as a Sr. HR Business Partner (global HR experience preferred).
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the HR field and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master’s degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
- Broad and deep knowledge of HR best practices, and expertise in various functional areas such as Organization Design & Development, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Total Rewards and Learning and Development.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead the design, developments, implementation and evaluation of HR programs (capable of leading HR project teams).
- Effective consultation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and lead innovation and positive change.
- High level collaboration and teamwork abilities with the capacity for leveraging the involvement of key stakeholders and opinion leaders in the design and implementation of global HR initiatives and solutions.
- Strong business acumen and organization diagnostic ability.
- Able to develop an in depth understanding of how business gets done at the organization level with strong working knowledge of key business processes.
- Analytic, and systems thinking abilities. Able to identify complex issue essentials, delve under symptoms to find root causes, and analyze matters from multiple perspectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge in legal risk assessment as well as the application of employment law in business situations.
- Understands business objectives and is able to translate those objectives into HRBP priorities.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined compliance, HR policies and procedures.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.