Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Position: Senior Scientific Writer
Location: South San Francisco, CA
You must love to write! Putting words into their proper place is your passion. Like any great writer, you are a keen listener and observer. Like any great research writer, have a knack for distilling complex concepts into simple, consumer-friendly language. You also have the ability to conform to the demands of a regulatory environment without sacrificing the quality of your content (or losing your mind). You provide solution-driven initiatives, while also thinking big – working towards leading culture, not following it. You bring more to the table than what is asked and you seek out guidance and marketing expertise from cross-functional team members.
Fluidigm is seeking a Senior Scientific Writer who is interested in producing engaging content. Do you thrive working in a collaborative environment? Are you interested in developing innovative ideas on how to use written communications to transform Fluidigm’s brand? If so, there is a place for you at Fluidigm.
- A strong writer with a passion for advancing life science discovery and healthcare through innovation.
- Inspired by the challenge of injecting a bit of enthusiasm and flair into scientific writing, as well as breaking down complex concepts into simple, easy-to-understand language
- Work as part of a team to create compelling and engaging marketing campaigns and sales tools using a variety of media (physical and digital)
- Collaborate with the creative director and marketing teams to deliver high impact creative communications that are on brand.
- Write persuasive marketing content with speed, consistency and scientific accuracy.
- Develop and publish customer interviews, spotlight articles, and testimonials using Fluidigm products.
- Build and maintain a consistent company’s brand voice and communication style.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 10 years related experience life sciences writing, editing and production in an agency or in-house team.
- Expert knowledge of office software including Word, PowerPoint, and Web technologies.
- Working knowledge of image manipulation software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Preview), article production, social networking technologies and creating presentation materials.
- Must have an outstanding portfolio
- Have a solid understanding of advertising, digital and social marketing and creating high value events.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Basic copyediting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work within a diverse team environment.
- Has strong ability to convey complex concepts clearly.
- Ability to learn new scientific concepts and thrive in an environment of rapid change.
- Ability to communicate scientific and technical information to diverse audiences.
- Experience interacting with high-level contacts within a scientific or technical environment.
Skills That Would Be Appreciated:
- Experience in the healthcare industry generating content for research studies, product offerings, or educational campaigns.
- Experience working in regulatory environments
- Experience leveraging social networking (Facebook/Twitter, grassroots marketing programs)
- Familiarity with online project management tools
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Make sure you have fun, are fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.