Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a motivated Assay Product Specialist to join the Assay Design Team. This team member will help design and validate custom designed primers for use with Fluidigm technology.
- Exercise technical discretion in the design and development of genotyping, gene expression, and target enrichment primers
- Interpret experimental results, perform data analysis, maintain records of all experiments, identify and relate scientific literature to current work, write procedures and technical reports, prepare and present summaries of experiments and projects
- Work on a wide range of scientific and technical problems of a diverse scope
- Manage multiple custom orders at a time, with little supervision
- Be a guru of Assay Design for customers and colleagues
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- A Bachelor’s degree in biological science with 2-4 years of experience
- Technical proficiency in molecular biology enabling independent and effective execution of experiments
- Experience with publicly available informatics tools, e.g. UCSC Genome Browser, NCBI
- Next-generation sequencing experience
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!