Fluidigm is looking for a Verification and Validation (V&V) Engineer who as a part of a Product Development will play an essential role in development of new commercial mass cytometry systems. The successful candidate will develop, execute and document Verification and Validation tests for Fluidigm products under development as a critical part of New Product Commercialization process. The V&V engineer will be part of the project team including a project manager, instrumentation scientists, mechanical, electrical, optical and SW engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In consultation with project scientists and project engineers (electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware and software) develop a set of tests that support verification and validation of Product Requirements and Technical Specifications for a given project
- Evaluate, debug and troubleshoot proposed set of tests
- Document developed V&V test procedures
- Conduct V&V tests on several generations of instrument prototypes and document results
- Communicate with other test groups and technical writers to help transition from testing of products under development into commercial products
Education and Experience
- Degree in Electrical engineering or Physics with a minimum of 3 years of experience related to electro-mechanical hardware and instrument control software.
- Substantial hands-on experience in debugging and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical assemblies as well as experience in finding deficiencies in firmware and software.
- Highly self-motivated and independent critical thinker
Fast learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivation to find instrument deficiencies via testing and a drive to contribute to successful commercialization of mass cytometry instrumentation
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team including mechanical, electrical, optical and software engineers as well as research scientists in instrumentation, chemistry and biology
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.