Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager.
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts and quotations, as well as develop pricing strategies and contract terms and conditions;
- Ability to analyze Bill of Materials (BOM) and engineering drawings to understand key requirements;
- Implement a procurement strategy addressing technology direction, supplier development, supplier selection, and pricing strategy;
- Ability to select and qualify suppliers based on Procurement and business guidelines;
- Lead and support annual cost reduction targets by collaborating with cross functional teams, such as Engineering, Operations and Quality;
- Conduct periodic extensive industry research on select commodities, meeting with sales people, assessing innovative technologies, comparing products and prices;
- Ability to influence change to enable efficiencies;
- Manage a remote team and enable their professional development.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 5 years industry experience, either in manufacturing, life sciences or engineering;
- Experience in sourcing for electrical components, electronics, sheet metal, PCB contract manufacturing, and precision machining;
- Experience with project management processes and toolsets;
- ERP experience (Oracle, SAP, MS Dynamics AX, JD Edwards, etc);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications is preferred;
- Six Sigma, lean manufacturing methodologies is an asset;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of ISO 13485, ISO 9001, FDA and other quality management systems;
- Certification in PMAC, NAPM or APICS is an asset;
- 5 + years of experience managing a team;
- 5+ years experience in international procurement is an asset.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!