Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Product Application Scientist II to join the team in South San Francisco. Fluidigm Corporation, based in South San Francisco, California is looking to maintain its market leadership in single cell biology and continue its growth in production genomics through an accomplished leader of application-based product line support. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in enabling customer success through the strategic and tactical direction of our single cell genomics product application support, including single cell gene expression, mRNA sequencing and DNA sequencing applications.
- Provide escalation case management and troubleshooting assistance to global Field Application Support team members.
- Provide application training to new and existing technical staff as necessary to support staff onboarding, new product introductions and best practice sharing.
- Support application and/or product introductions via protocol testing, data review, technical writing/editing and confirmation test site support.
Maintain active core team participation in the product development process.
- Design and perform demo and proof of concept experiments in collaboration with current and prospective customers and in line with our commercial pursuits.
- Identify and champion product and process improvements that engender customer intimacy, loyalty and satisfaction throughout the product lifecycle.
- Track, collate and present Fluidigm single cell genomics product performance data from in house and field usage and present to commercial stakeholders.
- Work in close partnership with Service/Support, Sales, Marketing, and R&D staff to ensure positive results.
- PhD in molecular/cellular biology or similar discipline, and a minimum of 4 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Deep experience with cell culture techniques & cellular analysis methods.
- Experience in a customer support or customer-facing role highly desired.
- Proven capability to lead cross-functional teams and projects, and to drive change in an organization. A results-driven team player.
- Highly self-directed, conscientious, and articulate with excellent presentation, interpersonal, and teaching skills.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented in laboratory work and documentation.
- Works hard and loves what they do; committed to total customer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of time during peak activity periods.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.