Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
The Reagent Quality Control (QC) Scientist is a member of our Proteomics Reagent Operations team. The scientist will be accountable for QC testing of raw materials, in-process materials and finished goods for release. This individual will also be a subject matter expert in the development and testing of new QC procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- QC incoming raw materials, in-process testing, and final QC of Proteomics reagent products. Analyze data and complete testing reports
- Perform quality control testing using standard ICP-Mass Spectrometry as well as our novel Mass Cytometry technology on our CyTOF instruments: Helios and Hyperion.
- Work with R&D and Manufacturing Sciences & Engineering to transfer new or improved products into Reagent Manufacturing regarding all aspects of QC
- Be accountable for development of robust QC procedures for Proteomics Reagents.
- Executes manufacturing validation test plans, assists Transfer Scientist with the preparation of technical reports
- Create and maintain QC documentation for new and existing products, processes, and equipment
- Ensure lab equipment is calibrated in a timely manner and maintain quality records in the Quality Assurance database.
- Independent technical support and decision making for methods with complexity.
- Support process improvement initiatives to ensure robust processes are developed for Manufacturing.
- Support the coordination of root cause investigations for quality-related issues
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or similar Life Science (graduate degree in immunology highly desirable) plus a minimum of 3-4 yearsexperience working in a lab environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical reports, technical procedures, validation protocols and reports, operating instructions, and/or scientific publications.
- Previous work in quality control role is highly desirable
- Proven capability of using various analytical instruments for characterization and testing of produced reagents
- Experience in tissue culture is required
- Experience with Flow Cytometry and/or Mass Cytometry including sample preparation, instrumentation and FCS data analysis software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access and general understanding of ERP concepts
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to relocate to the Greater Toronto Area in Ontario, Canada.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.